Five best fall events in McHenry County

Devin Martin

Fall is the time of year when pumpkin carving becomes a necessity, horror movies become a must do, and stepping inside in a fictional adventure is a must. Here is a list of the five best fall events in Mchenry County. Check them out!

5) The Harvest Hustle is a 5k Run/Walk Event located in downtown Algonquin- Historic Village Hall on Oct.11. This event is ran by the Algonquin Recreation Department for the second year in a row. The Harvest Hustle is a race for 3.2 Miles, and a 1.5 mile walk around downtown Algonquin. The Race starts at 8:00 a.m, pre-registration is available for $20 per runner, and $25 per walker. Awards and prizes will awarded based on top runner for age groups, and top three male and female runners. Race your way to Algonquin this weekend!

4) 5K Run/ Walk through the world’s largest corn maze is definitely a sight to visit and get lost in. Starting on Oct.19 in Spring Grove, Il, run and walk through hundreds of openings and dead ends in the maze.This maze is located at Richardson’s Farm, which is 33 acres. People are bound to be running for awhile. You can register between 7:15-8:45 a.m. You will get a shirt, and bib number. The race starts at 8:30 a.m, and rewards based on best runners at 10:00 a.m.

3) Tellabration Celebration is a storytelling event for all ages. Tellabration is a worldwide event of storytelling, coming to Crystal Lake on Nov. 22 from 7:00-8:30 p.m. This worldwide celebration is hosted by Mchenry County Storytelling Guild, and the Mchenry County Conservation District. Held for seven years, stories will be told by enthusiasts for all ages. All that come, go home with a story that will stick with you. Plus, if you bring a nonperishable food item, your admission is free.

2) Stomp, Tromp, and Crunch is walk that you definitely want to take in the woods with your family. Spectacular colors light up upon trees, that you can take a leisure walk that you want. The walk is through Coral Woods, where you can see leaves of red, orange, and a yellow shade. But you can also discover why they are those magnificent colors. Families also get to have many crafts upon this walk to take home, and remember. The location is Coral Woods, Picnic Shelter, Marengo. The fee is $2 for each member of the family.

1) Zombie 5K is an event in Woodstock, Il, that makes you want to actually run. This run is a mile long, where Zombies come out to you at all corners in the Zombie Zone. But you can also go in the safe zone where no zombies are allowed, and pets can be with as well. You can dress up in a costume, or as zombie. Awards will be given to the best costume, and Home of the Sparrow are currently looking for volunteers to be a Zombie. This 5K is also to raise awareness for homeless women, and children in Mchenry County and Northern Illinois. Home of the Sparrow plans to raise $20,000 and hope. This event is on Oct.25, in Emricson Park, Woodstock. Check in is at 7:30 a.m, run begins 8:30 a.m, walk begins 9:00 a.m, awards given at 10:00 a.m. So go run from Zombies, and support a good cause.

Take time out of your schedule this fall, and run away from zombies, get lost while running in a corn maze, listen to stories, walkthrough leisurely woods, and participate in a hustle.McHenry County offers the best activities in the state of Illinois. Check them out! You will not forget the experience left by these locations.

About the writer