content/uploads/2023/10/Creative-Arts-300x300.jpg" alt="" width="300" height="300" />

Styles Master P releases album Master of Ceremonies

Franca Onyibor, Staff Writer

Former member of the LOX, Styles P returned to the recording studios to release his fourth album after many years of constant features on the albums of other artists.

Released on Oct. 4, he invited a slew of recognizable names onto “Master of Ceremonies”, ranging from the likes of Busta Rhymes and Lloyd Banks to that of Pharrell, Rick Ross, and Jadakiss.

Appropriately nicknamed “Ghost”, Styles Master P wastes no time, setting the stage for his fourth studio album with “How I Fly” featuring Avery Storm. Producer Warren G implements some west-side tempo to the track.

Next is a street savvy New York song, “We Don’t Play.” To add to the sound he recruited “The Punch Line King” Lloyd Banks.

Master P provides the rhyme to the song with the lyrics “Ghost is a apocalypse. Hole in your esophagus.” Lloyd contributes such lyrics as “small money, tall money, we want it all” as we receive the message of endless passion for power and wealth.

Third on the album is the smooth rhythm and blues single “I’m A Gee’’ with lyrical collaborations from Rell. Styles illustrate the realities of life on the streets, introducing such lyrics as “most of us coming from a broken home”,

Throughout the album, Master P illustrates the need for those in the streets to visualize a better tomorrow, as they themselves must come to terms with their own reality.

This album is not your standard CD with catchy and likeable rhymes.

The merciless approach to his lyrics takes what could be a simplistic line “You the prey, I’m the predator” and bestows it upon a life of its own.

While vivid and unrestricted, the lyrical quality is unmatched. “Master of Ceremonies” demonstrates that he can go head to head with the well-known names of the industry.

He delivers an album true to his life and overflowing with aggressive and authentic stanzas.

Post Author: Franca Onyibor. Franca is a junior at Huntley High school as well as a staff writer. She is one of the many faces behind the The Voice. She occasionally volunteers her time at the church and participates in select volunteering programs. She enjoys catching up on a good book from time to time as well as hanging out with friends. One day she hopes to become a psychologist and (while this may sound overused) make a real difference in a child’s life.