The Scare by Conor McGregor

courtesy of sportsngiggles.com

courtesy of sportsngiggles.com

Joe Rizzo

The UFC world went crazy when Conor McGregor posted on Twitter he was stepping away from UFC. McGregor, 27-year-old Irishman, competed in the featherweight division and is the current Featherweight champion. McGregor got his fame from knocking out the undefeated Jose Aldo in 13 seconds. McGregor announced that he is not retiring this Thursday and he is focusing his time on fighting again. McGregor has a record of 19 wins and 3 losses, 17 of his wins being knockouts. McGregor brings excitement and dominance to the UFC world.

“I’m doing what I need for me now. It is time to be selfish with my training again. It is the only way, I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote. I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting,” said McGregor on Facebook.

DUBLIN, IRELAND - JULY 19: (L-R) Conor McGregor lands a left to the head of Diego Brandao in their featherweight bout during the UFC Fight Night event at The O2 Dublin on July 19, 2014 in Dublin, Ireland. (Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)

DUBLIN, IRELAND – JULY 19: (L-R) Conor McGregor lands a left to the head of Diego Brandao in their featherweight bout during the UFC Fight Night event at The O2 Dublin on July 19, 2014 in Dublin, Ireland. (Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)

Just a few days earlier McGregor tweeted “I have decided to retire young. Thanks for the cheese. Catch Ya’s Later.” This young UFC star has a bright future ahead of him and scared the UFC fan based this past week with these tweets.

McGregor is looking to fight Diaz at UFC 200, but UFC already taken McGregor off the card for that event. No one knows when McGregor will fight again or who will want to fight him.

McGregor is probably the second most popular UFC fighter next to Ronda Rousey in this era. This 27 year old fighter affected the UFC world with a few tweets and posts, just imagine what he can do with his fists in the future. I believe that McGregor is and will continue to be a star in the UFC world and will go down in the record books, as one of the greatest featherweight fighters ever. 

About the writer