HHS Wins ABC 7 Chicago Flyover

Principal Scott Rowe holds the trophy while live on ABC 7 Chicago (Courtesy of HHS Athletics twitter)

On Oct. 14 HHS participated in ABC 7 Chicago’s Friday Flyover event. Teachers and students gathered on the football field at 5 a.m. wearing layers upon layers in order to stay warm.

The students created a couple of formations that were featured on ABC 7 Chicago.

“Mr. Carter and our band took care of the formation organization and I rallied the kids to come,” Principal Scott Rowe said. “We were supported by our local Dunkin Donuts to offer free breakfast and our Athletic Boosters provided drinks.”

Only seven high schools in the Chicago area were chosen to participate in this event. On Nov. 3 the community was able to vote for which high school they wanted to win. Huntley won with over 3000 votes.

“It was a great event and it feels awesome to win,” Rowe said.

The trophy was presented to HHS on ABC 7 Chicago live while here on the football field.

Principal Scott Rowe takes a selfie while students hold up the trophy (S. Rowe)

HHS students proved to be the best school in the area. The flyover event back in October had a massive turnout of students.

“We try our best to be the best fan section we can and this just proves how much school spirit we have,” senior Raider Nation leader Morgan Pritchard said. “We’ve also worked super hard this season to make sure our fan section is involved in our high school and the community.”