Punk: Digging deep than Green Day and Blink-182

WARNING: This will probably offend a triggered conservative. I am not political, I just dig the music.

Two years ago “London Calling” by The Clash was shoved down my throat. I could never comprehend why Joe Strummer thought the government was trash, corrupt, and downright nasty.

As the punk scene has evolved since The Ramone’s days, the American culture and its legal issues have been highlighted. Trump’s controversial administration, social media, and the want for the American idiocy to be abolished has arisen a new wave of punk.

The love-filled tunes of “Baby, I Love You,” and explosive “Clampdown” was the beginning of a movement; here are some of God’s favorite bands (hint the Green Day reference).

ANTI-FLAG

Their motive is in the name. “American Fall” is their new 2017 release with singles like      “Racist” and “American Attraction.” Targeting our favorite Oompa Loompa’s policies and delusional concepts is angerly expressed with a quick tempo and lyrics that need to be heard. I love them.

DEAD KENNEDYS

My love for these guys grows every day. My introduction was from my boyfriend when he said “I have a song to show you,” and because he’s a nut, became a little nervous; then “Kinky Sex Makes The World Go ‘Round” came on and I knew two things: 1. Tyler needed mental help and 2. Punk music doesn’t always have to be hardcore.

As for the first hardcore punk band, I’ve listened to, I wasn’t expecting to get hooked. “Holiday in Cambodia,” “Police Truck,” and “California Uber Alles” are catchy. They all could easily be in a Bond movie, and “Too Drunk to F*ck” is comical; they’re a poetic bunch.

DESCENDENTS

I saw them live and they’re all rocking the dad bods with khakis and worn out Converse low tops; what an iconic bunch. “Milo Goes To College” came out when leadman Milo Aukerman was 19; he was the definition of an angry teen.

Tunes like “Parents” and “Myage” tell a tale of Aukerman hating his parents and not wanting to grow up. Progressively the band took a turn to lyrics dedicated partial acceptance of it on their newest album “Hypercaffium Spazzinate.” “No Fat Burger” is the epitome of getting old, and “Fighting myself” goes out to anyone who gives themselves too hard of a time.

PENNYWISE:

Having to choose between Pennywise and Bad Religion was tough, but I listen to more Pennywise. They’re a  fast, loud westside punk band who has numerous songs that’ll keep someone awake after pulling an all-nighter.

“Full Circle” is a 1997 hit. “Society” and “You’ll Never Make It” are the voices of the public; they’re a hardcore NOFX (“Dinosaurs Will Die” is a sick tune). Totalitarianism is among the many issues they practically scream about; what a group.