Uniforms: hot or not?

Jenna Link

Target. Walmart. Culver’s. They all have one thing in common. Clearly, customers can tell who employees of an establishment are by the clothes they wear.

For example, Target employees wear khaki colored pants of some sort along with a red shirt and name tag. At my workplace, Culver’s, my outfit consists of either khaki or black pants, my blue shirt, a black belt, non-slip black shoes, and an apron and hat to top it off.

No matter where you work, the uniform is an important part of the image your company wishes to portray. So, we decided to rate some of the common uniform pieces that we see in around town.

First off, we have the Walmart vest.

“They could be helpful for customers so they will always know who works there easily,” senior Krystal Benke said.

It takes a certain person to pull off a vest, but Walmart chose a color scheme that fits with everything. These dark navy vests match with almost any color, and while they are not the most shapely piece of clothing, I still give them an 8 out of 10 for functionality.

Next, we have the Culver’s hat. I may be biased, but with a low ponytail, this hat never looks bad.

“I get cold in the hat, so I wish they’d put earmuffs in them,” junior Jennifer Paiz said.

While it may not be warm, it keeps it shape, and workers can put pins on it to personalize their look. The blue is rich and never fades, and also it helps keep hair out of the way. I give it a 9 out of 10 stars for comfort and color.

Finally, we have the ubiquitous red shirts at Target. Target is a wonderful store, but their uniform does not project unity. While they must wear red on top, employees can choose said shirt. So when looking at different cashiers, the shade of red and shirt style varies from person to person. I appreciate the freedom of choice, but it is not the most appealing to the eye. Therefore, I give Target a passing grade of 7 out of 10.

Now give us your input. Who do you think has the best uniforms? Vote in the poll below and let us know how you feel. [polldaddy poll=9931378]

About the writer