Olivia Mack

Olivia Mack, floating editor

Olivia Mack is a floating editor and photographer for The Voice and it's her second year on staff. Fun fact: she enjoys doing special effect makeup. In her free time, Olivia likes to paint and draw, watch the Derry Girls, and hang out with friends.
All content by Olivia Mack
Macks Masterpieces: April 2020

Mack’s Masterpieces: April 2020

By Olivia Mack
April 13, 2020

This is a simple drawing of an eye using charcoal pencils. I first drew out the simple shapes of the eye using a regular mechanical pencil. Then, I took...

Huntley vs. Crystal Lake South Varsity Basketball Game

By Olivia Mack
February 5, 2020

The anticipation in the gym could be felt as soon as you walked onto the basketball court, making your way to the bleachers. Crystal Lake South vs. Huntley...

Macks Masterpieces: February 2020

Mack’s Masterpieces: February 2020

By Olivia Mack
February 3, 2020

For this specific piece, I used a bunch of different watercolors for the flower. I started off with a basic outline using pencil for the flower, then...

Drumming off to greatness

Drumming off to greatness

By Olivia Mack
September 25, 2019

His hair blows in the wind on a rainy day in Chicago as he takes a deep breath in preparation for his first professional drumming gig. Performing at...

Changing Your Mindset

Changing Your Mindset

By Olivia Mack
May 12, 2019

Being a teenager in this day in age is hard enough. So many stressors and other things incorporated into our lives can affect our mindset in life. It...

Gloomy woods, mysterious neighbors, grotesque characters, Pet Sematary has it all

Gloomy woods, mysterious neighbors, grotesque characters, “Pet Sematary” has it all

By Olivia Mack
April 24, 2019

Based on Stephen King's novel, the movie seems to be a true horror. Written in 1983, it was first shown on the big screens in 1989, and became a world-wide...

Mental Health Blog

Mental Health Blog

By Olivia Mack
March 18, 2019

Hey everyone! I decided that with the stress of school lately, I wanted to start a mental health and spiritual improvement blog as a way to help other...

Red Raiders Obtain the Win

Red Raiders Obtain the Win

By Olivia Mack, Doubletruck Editor
February 1, 2019

Red Raiders' varsity boys basketball team gets the win against McHenry Warriors on Jan. 25. The team fought for the win, and the ending score was 56-39. We...

Thrift Shopping Finds

Thrift Shopping Finds

By Olivia Mack
January 31, 2019

A couple of weeks ago I went thrift shopping with our features editor, Skylar Sharkey, again. We checked out Goodwill in Huntley, as well as Sparrow's...

Thrifting Finds with Olivia Mack

Thrifting Finds with Olivia Mack

By Olivia Mack, Doubletruck Editor
December 13, 2018

Over last weekend I went to Goodwill in Huntley with our features editor, Skylar Sharkey. This trip proved to be a lot of fun yet again, as bringing a...

Finals: Essentially Just Added Stress

Finals: Essentially Just Added Stress

By Olivia Mack, Doubletruck Editor
December 13, 2018

As the semester comes to an end and winter break is on its way, we are constantly reminded of finals. Finals in my opinion are useless. Solely based...

This sign features the Color of the Week, items with specific colored tags designating that they are half off.

Thrift Shopping Finds with Olivia Mack

By Olivia Mack
November 15, 2018

The other day I went to Goodwill in Huntley with our photo editor, Arianna Sanchez. We found an abundance of clothes! I was able to find a couple pairs...

Episode 1 for Thrift Store Treasures

Thrift Store Treasures: Episode 1

By Olivia Mack
October 12, 2018