Winter pep assembly unites student body

Huntley High School hosted its winter pep assembly on Friday, Feb. 3.  The 25-minute-long assembly highlighted Huntley’s extracurricular teams by announcing their accomplishments.

Senior Olivia Stepp tries to stack golf balls on-top one another (M. Krebs).

Check out the Voice’s photo gallery of the winter pep assembly here

“We should be having more pep assemblies so we can show off all of our achievements throughout the year,” said Bencko.

After opening statements by senior Brandon Bencko, the emcee of the event, Orchesis performed a number of their show which will take place from Feb. 9-11.

Once Bencko recognized winter athletics and activities, he had four representatives from each of the organizations to compete in four “Minute to Win It” challenges.  The competitions included stacking golf balls and juggling multiple balloons, which got students involved in the assembly.

“It was more interactive,” said host of the “Minute to Win It” competition Renae St. Clair.  “It was to get more people involved and cheering for more people that athletics.”

Among the announcements in the pep assembly were events on Saturday, such as the regional tournaments for Speech Team and wrestling.  All involved in the pep assembly have hopes for excitement for futureHuntleyHigh Schoolcompetitions.

“You can put stuff in announcements and the Tinkle Times,” said Bencko, “but at the end of the day, it will have more impact with pep rallies.  A pep rally is the best way to spread the word.”