Project 2 perform concert at Culver’s restaurent while raising funds for FAB

Freshman+Anthony+Morales+and+juniors+Tyler+Darnell%2C+Shaquon+Howard%2C+and+Dylan+Ladd+performed+their+multiple+Project+2+songs++at+Culver%27s+restaurant+in+order+to+raise+funds+for+Huntley%27s+Fine+Arts+Boosters+%28R.+Peterson%29.+
Freshman Anthony Morales and juniors Tyler Darnell, Shaquon Howard, and Dylan Ladd performed their multiple Project 2 songs  at Culver's restaurant in order to raise funds for Huntley's Fine Arts Boosters (R. Peterson).

Freshman Anthony Morales and juniors Tyler Darnell, Shaquon Howard, and Dylan Ladd performed their multiple Project 2 songs at Culver's restaurant in order to raise funds for Huntley's Fine Arts Boosters (R. Peterson).

Culver customers watch Project 2's group members freshman Anthony Morales and juniors Tyler Darnell, Shaquon Howard, and Dylan Ladd (from left to right) as they perform their set (R. Peterson).

On March 12, Project 2, the student-organized musical group started by junior Dylan Ladd, performed at the Culver’s Huntley location for the second time in its career. The group brought in a full house, and 10 percent of the food sales of the night benefitted Huntley’s Fine Arts Boosters (FAB).

The music began around 6:30 and put on more than an hour of solid renditions of the songs from the hit musical “Jersey Boys.”

The group, started by Ladd in seventh grade (then known as the Jersey Kids) with only a few members, performs shows, consisting mainly of Broadway music, in the local Huntley area.

The Culver’s performance featured 13 Huntley High School students: junior vocalists Tyler Darnell, Abby Gleason, Shaquon Howard, Ashley Knipp, Ladd, and freshman Anthony Morales; junior vocalist and guitarist Chris Aceron; junior vocalist, pianist, and conductor Diana Pacyga; junior assistant conductor and bass player Victoria Choin; junior drummer Greg Guelzo; sophomore trumpeter Adam Sundling; junior saxophonist Andrew Rewerts; sophomore trombonist Charlotte Skala. Senior Chris O’Meara managed the sound technology for the group.

While technical difficulties initially posed problems, the group put on a stellar 20-song set.

“For the environment we did it in, I think it went well,” said Ladd.

The performance opened with a rap interpretation of “Ces Soirees-La” featuring Howard, Knipp, and Gleason. Among group performances, including famous hits “Sherry,” “Earth Angel,” “Walk like a Man,” and “Who Loves You” was a solo performance of “Can’t Take my Eyes off You” by Ladd and a “Fallen Angel” duet, performed by Gleason and Aceron.

“Obviously, there were mistakes and things, but luckily we were in a casual environment,” said Ladd. “I think overall it went pretty good.”

The group was missing one of its lead female vocalists, but the performers were quick to adapt, as Ladd sung one of the female parts in “My Boyfriend’s Back.”

The group has another show planned in June, hosted by Sun City, in which they will perform in conjunction with one of the members of “Jersey Boys.” More information on Project 2 can be found on its website, www.projecttwomusic.com.