DISCUSSION: Is HHS safe from a tornado?

A rude awakening came for the students in the Indiana town of Henryville. Earlier this month a series of massive tornados caused extensive damage to the town and the schools. The surveillance video was recently released from the school district to WDRB-TV in Indiana. The video shows various scenes throughout the school that were destroyed within a matter of seconds. The gym, outside and even the hallway.

WDRB News obtains video of Henryville school tornado impactLOUISVILLE, KY. (WDRB) — WDRB News has obtained video of the moment that the March 2 tornado hit the Henryville School. The incredible pictures show the raw power of the tornado. The video comes from multiple security cameras placed inside and outside the school. There is no sound, but the video is compelling and sobering.

\"Embedly

via Wdrb

‘}”>

Embedly Powered

via Wdrb

Currently the hallways are the places where students are to go in District 158 schools according to the emergency exit maps posted in each room. How safe is the high school though? How can we really tell if the school will really be safe if there is a tornado? Most meteorologists say they aren’t sure just yet if it will be a busy tornado season.

Featured Image: Gloucester firefighters survey the scene at Page Middle School on Sunday, April 17, 2011 after a strong storm swept through Williamsburg, Virginia. (Rob Ostermaier/Newport News Daily Press/MCT)

Tell us how you feel in the comments below. Do you feel Huntley High School prepared for if a tornado were to hit Huntley?