BREAKING NEWS: BOE approves new Head Football Coach

John Hart speaks to the Board of Education

Bruce Blumer, Athletic Director presented the lead candidate to the Board of Education Thursday night. A coach for 27 years, John Hart was approved by the board unanimously to join Huntley High School as the Head Football Coach and as a teacher. Hart announced that he was leaving Warren Central High School in Indianapolis last week.

“At 3 pm today I will be telling my players that next week I plan on accepting a teaching/coaching position at another school,” said Hart in an email to his co-workers at Warren Central High School. “I’m not sure my heart has ever felt heavier. I feel like I’m disappointing the kids of WC and that hurts beyond belief.”

Hart said in the email that he was leaving due to a “fractured relationship between our principal and me. It has gotten severe enough that I no longer trust or believe in him as a man who would do what is in the best interest of Warren Central HS.”

He comes to Huntley High School with  238 career wins and 70 losses, seven undefeated seasons, two state championships and 11 coach of the year designations.

Hart said he is excited to come to Huntley because he has seen a huge commitment to win.

“I feel like this program is fresh and can be molded into something special,” said Hart.