[BREAKING NEWS] Rowe approved as HHS prinicipal

Marlowe Middle School Principal Scott Rowe was approved as Huntley High School’s next principal at a board meeting on Thursday night. Rowe will succeed current principa,l Dave Johnson, who announced his retirement in early December of last year. Rowe is currently in his second year as the principal of Marlowe.

“Well, I don’t fit in cowboy boots,” Rowe said when asked about filling Johnson’s shoes. “But I couldn’t be happier about being chosen as the new principal.”

According to Rowe, he began conversation with Superintendent John Burkey early in February about possibly filling the vacancy at the high school. He found out two weeks ago that he was selected as the next principal, pending approval by the school board.

Rowe grew up in Missouri, where he attended Missouri State University. After moving to Illinois, he taught social studies and coached softball in McHenry.

While he officially takes the position on July 1, the transition is already starting. According to Rowe, he has been in conversations with Johnson about plans and decisions being made this year.

“It’s important for me to keep in the loop with Mr. Johnson,” said Rowe. “That way the ball doesn’t get dropped in the transition and we can hit the ground running in the fall.”

Now that the school board has approved him, Rowe is excited to again work in a high school environment.

“I love high school,” said Rowe. “That’s where I got my start teaching when I moved to Illinois, it’s exciting.”