Once Upon a Time there was Prom night

Once Upon a Time there was Prom night

The shimmering chandeliers were a beautiful touch to the fairy tale feel at the Renaissance Hotel in Schamburg, Il. Students enjoyed themselves while dancing in the center of the ballroom with their friends, taking photos in the photo booths offered, and eating food courtesy of the Renaissance.  Every bit of detail brought into this year’s Prom really made it feel like a true fairy tale for everyone who went.

“It was way more then what I expected,” said sophomore Kaila Stuart. “Probably one of the most memorable nights of my entire life so far [and] definitely something I will never forget.”

May 2 was an unforgettable, fairy tale night for every student who attended Huntley’s Prom this year. This year’s Prom theme was “Once Upon a Time.” The amount of work and dedication Student Council and the staff at HHS put in produced an exceptional outcome.

“It was nice that they were able to put us in a situation we were comfortable in,” said Stuart. “[They] took into consideration who we wanted to sit by and what would make the night most memorable.”

Unlike other schools, HHS provided 15 Coach buses to the hotel. A new event at this year’s Prom was also the red carpet walk which allowed all parents and family to take pictures of the students heading to prom while they were boarding the buses on a red carpet.

“It was much easier for parents to take pictures,” said Stuart. “For instance, Jade [my older sister] went last year and the parents had to take pictures as they were walking out of the door. This year it was much more thought out and very well organized.”

A slight downside to the red carpet however was the long wait for getting onto the buses. There was a slight delay to head onto the buses, so standing in heels may have not felt the best at the time, but in the end all things worked out.

At first arrival, the students all went to their assigned seats and waited for all the other students to join them at their tables. Songs like “Let it Go” from Disney’s movie Frozen played and included other fairy tale songs for the entrance.

The dinner began with a delicious salad, and an entree of Parmesan chicken with mashed potatoes and asparagus. The dessert was a sweet chocolate cake. After eating, many students headed for the dance floor.

Around 9:30 – 10 p.m. the winners of prom king and queen were announced. Senior Tess Miller won Prom Queen and senior Harry Hochwarter won Prom King.