Hot off the Dress with Amelia Pozniak

By Amelia Pozniak

As the winter months approach, students at Huntley High School bundle up for the frigid temperatures. Walking into school can even be a struggle for students when the temperatures are nearly freezing. For some students, though, finding a balance between looking cute and staying warm can be difficult.

Sophomore Annalisa Stevens shows off her adorable sense of style at school while staying cozy. When talking about some of her favorite winter trends, she expresses her love for her favorite current trend: Doc Martens.

“I want to try Doc Martens because I think they’re cute, and they are different than all of the other shoes I’ve had,” Stevens said.

Although most people can agree that layering up is a bit of a nuisance, there is a huge variety of ways to add something extra to your apparel.

“”I like wearing sweatshirts with jean jackets because it’s super comfy, but also cute. I also like big coats, big coats are cool,” sophomore Ava Brancato said.

Brancato was asked about the season itself as well, and if she misses the summer fashion trends.

She said, “I prefer summer fashion because you can do a lot more with your outfits. You aren’t worried about being too cold and layering, so you can add cool accessories and stuff to make the outfit more exciting.”

But, fortunately, students can still tolerate the weather by wearing short sleeves and cut-out tops while covering any exposed skin with fuzzy cardigans and puffy winter jackets. This allows you to make use of all of the items in your closet.

And if you need any guidance with shopping for layers, sophomore Hannah Halverson gives students advice with some of her favorite places to shop for fashionable ways to trap heat.

“Fashion Nova and American Eagle are my favorite places to shop in the winter. I buy jeans from Fashion Nova and cardigans from American Eagle,” Halverson says. 

For any further options, I personally suggest that you check out H&M and Express for comfy sweaters and fun coats to help avoid exposure to the cold temperatures. Stay warm!