Teachers and students serve Sonic to raise money

On Thursday night the Sonic on Randall Road in Algonquin partnered up with Huntley High School’s Co-op Program to hold the annual Sonic School Spirit Night.

The HHS Co-op program enables students who have early release to receive credit for working after school. Students also participate in activities in the classroom in order to prepare themselves for their lives after high school.

“It has helped me build skills that will help me in the future,” said Brynn O’Donnell, vice presient of the Co-op program. 

The fundraiser ran from 3:30 pm to 7:00 pm.  During that time ten percent of meal sales and tips earned by the teachers went toward Huntley Co-op.

Teachers from HHS volunteered to serve along with the sonic servers. Brigitte Zielinski, Paul Zielinski, Gerry Marchand, Pamela Stone, Brian O’Neaill, Bridget Regan, and other Huntley educators came to support the school.

Students who are a part of the Co-op also attended and waved signs at passing cars to attract more attention to the fundraiser.

Although total earnings for the fundraiser have not yet been calculated, Mary Graft, the Co-op Program Director, believes the teachers raised just under $300 in tips and the fundraiser raised around $600 total. 

“The night was very successful and I would definintley participate in another in the future,” said Graft.

Post Author: Mike Krebs. Mike Krebs is a staff writer for The Voice. He is currently a junior a Huntley High School. Aside from writing for the Voice he works at the Crystal Lake Country Club as both a caddie and on the Bag Room Staff. He has been an Explorer at the Algonquin Police Department for two years and currently holds the rank of Lieutenant. He also volunteers with the Tri-Area Court for Teens for Lake in the Hills, Huntley, and Algonquin. He enjoys spending time with family and friends. When possible he enjoys playing paintball with friends at local fields.