‘Student of the Semester’ Award Presented at Huntley High School

Huntley High School freshman, Chase Burkart was selected as recipient of the Edward Jones/Northwest Herald “Student of the Semester” award.

Given the fact that Burkart just entered high school a few months ago, one would think he would spend his time just getting used to high school – but not Chase. He is already involved in football, band and track.

Burkart, nominated by his teachers, was chosen for his leadership, community involvement, academics, and integrity.

Science teacher, Erin Wagner, says that Burkart participates all the time in class and gets many other students involved as well. He is a huge part of why our class has such a great classroom dynamic. He makes a great leader and is a friend to everyone.

“One day when I was delayed and entered the classroom a few minutes late, I walked in and found Chase standing in the front of the room trying to lead a discussion with his classmates on the previous evening’s homework assignment,” said Angela Zaleski, Health Teacher in a press release.

Several of Burkart’s teachers stated he was selected because he exhibits all the qualities the award stands for: leadership, community involvement, academics, and integrity.

Based on all of the positive feedback received about Burkart, it’s only no wonder why he was selected as the recipient of the “Student of the Semester” award. Burkart is definitely living the Raider Way!

In the photo: 

From left – Jarid Brockman from Edward Jones presented Huntley High School student Chase Burkart with the Edward Jones/Northwest Herald “Student of the Semester” award.