Hot Off the Dress: Rafael De La Paz

By Amelia Pozniak and Maddie Meucci

As summer quickly transitions into fall, so do our wardrobes!

Students at Huntley High School strut the halls in their cozy cardigans and boots as it is finally “sweater weather!”

The evidence is obvious; from Instagram fashion gurus to online fashion articles, the evident and desired fashion statements include pieces that vary from Doc Martens, to high-neck sweaters, and to adorable hair pins that keep that autumn wind from interfering with your confidence!

We received some feedback from some of our boldest icons at Huntley High School.

“This outfit is mostly hand-me-downs, but my favorite place to shop would have to be Tillys,” senior Rafael De La Paz said. “Hoodies and flannels are my favorite fall trends. It’s flannel season baby!” 

As hoodies and flannels make a comeback this season, so do some other very significant statement-pieces.

“I’m so excited to start wearing fuzzy socks and tall boots,” sophomore Anna Guido said. “I’d pair those with a cute sweater dress.”

We proceeded to ask Gudio about some of her favorite stores, and how she would describe her style.

“I mostly shop at Pacsun, Fancesca’s, and Dry Goods,” Gudio said. “If I had to describe my style, I would probably say ’90s inspired or Clueless inspired,” Gudio said. “Cher from Clueless has the cutest outfits!”

Fall fashion is certainly favored by many. Many personal favorite pieces also include white Doc Martens, boyfriend jeans, combat boots, colorful beanies, heavy scarves, and plaid. 

Although the cold weather is unfortunate, remember that you can always add layers to any outfit. Fluffy coats are chic, while leather jackets always add an edgy look while trapping heat to keep you warm!

Stores are stocking up on all of these favorite trends. Affordable yet adorable places to shop include H&M, Forever 21, Express, Windsor, and Akira. 

Some online shops that we also suggest include Fashion Nova, PrettyLittleThing, and BooHoo. 

Remember that the simplest accessories can help spice up any outfit. Remember to layer up, explore outside of your comfort zone, face your fashion fears, and stay warm this season!