Wi-Fi issues become more prominent

Students and staff are experiencing extreme highs and lows with Wi-Fi in the building.

With technology being the basis of our education, trouble with connection causes many obstacles throughout the day.

CC0 for Public Domain Dedication

By Serafina Druetta

Wi-Fi can be an issue throughout many places when attempting to load assignments, or contact teachers and family. Throughout Huntley High School, Wi-Fi can be a well known issue talked about among students and teachers.

Wi-Fi at the high school does have its benefits. According to Choir and Music History teacher Lexy Taxon, getting your homework completed and being able to work on assignments throughout the day is crucial.

“You as students and teachers are able to work on schoolwork and reply to emails wherever you are in the building, instead of only being able to do it when you are plugged in,” Taxon said. 

Having Wi-Fi available for students and faculty throughout the school is important to get work done. 

“When I have Wi-Fi, I’m able to do more work,” Taxon said. 

Despite the many benefits that Wi-Fi allows throughout our school, it can also cause challenges and setbacks to some teachers and students here at HHS. Students can have a hard time contacting parents and teachers throughout the building. Senior Christopher Kaszuba has encountered some issues when trying to contact others. 

“It is hard to get a text through, so it can be hard if I need a ride or if I need to know where somebody is,” Kaszuba said. 

Senior Emma Pickett also agreed that she has trouble contacting others.

“Data does not work sometimes to send out text messages,” Pickett said. “It is more convenient for me to use my phone throughout the day, so if I want to get a hold of a teacher or parent, it’s definitely harder to get my point across.”.

Although Wi-Fi does have countless benefits throughout the school, there is always room for improvement. Wi-Fi is a much needed aspect throughout our lives and is needed to satisfy everyone’s needs at the high school.